Today, let's open our hearts to the joy of the simplest pleasures so that we can find happiness in every corner of our lives.
“Happiness is not out there, it's in you.”– Unknown
Clap along to “Happy” by Pharrell Williams, as you joyfully continue through today's session.
Research shows that the act of expressing gratitude effectively increases happiness and reduces depression. It's a simple practice with profound effects (Lyubomirsky, S., & Layous, K. (2013).
What is one simple positive activity that has already increased well-being today?
Take a moment to feel grateful for the experiences that have brought you joy and happiness. Reflect on these moments and let the warmth fill your heart.
🎨 CREATIVE PROMPT
My friend Chris recently invite us to reflect on what happiness looks like and then set us free with paint on a big canvas. The creation process itself was such a wonderful celebration of life, movement, and joy. And this collaborative painting we created is a beautiful reminder to us of the happiness we find in daily life and those shared experiences that bring us joy.
OVER TO YOU
Write about an experience that brought you immense joy and happiness.
Then use colors, shapes, and beyond to express the words and capture the essence of the moment.
Join Gia, as we meditate on the intention ‘I am joyful', embracing our power to choose joy in any situation. We'll focus on inner peace, releasing stress, and embodying joy.
I am a source of joy and happiness.
🔥 RELEASING RITUAL
- Write down any thoughts or beliefs that are hindering your happiness on a piece of paper.
- Tear it up and throw it away, symbolizing the release of these barriers to your joy.
Say three things that make you happy—out loud!
Feel the joy these things bring to you as you speak to them … grinning a little extra knowing that by focusing on these happy things, you're attracting more of these joy-inducing things into your life.
Happiness is my birthright, and I embrace it fully.
The simple act of walking in nature can bring happiness and restore our sense of well-being as we embrace it's life-giving resources, intricate beauty, and grounding peace.
In Denmark, the concept of “hygge” is a fundamental part of the culture. It represents a moment of comfort, togetherness, and well-being, and is often associated with feeling content and happy.
What simple pleasures bring you happiness?
How can you incorporate more of these moments into your daily life?
💞 COMMUNITY CONVERSATION
What experiences have made you the happiest?
Here's what friends wrote before we got wild with the painting above:
- Stumbling into the community I could only dream about!
- Swimming under a waterfall.
- Discovering something new!
- Being with family.
- When I’m so steeped in gratitude that I can’t help but smile 🙂
- Achieving something difficult
- When I can let the love in.
- Travel, exploration.
- Being with family and going on adventures.
- Bike riding.
- Traveling the world.
- Snorkeling in warm beautiful water.
- Playing with puppies.
- Kissing my children.
- Hugging my husband.
- Melting into the sound and feel of harmonies in choir or song circle—so peaceful.
- Having the perfect meal, at the perfect time.
- Calm nights with my love.
- Overcoming the fear of the unknown to discover an unknown self.
- Connecting with nature.
- Spraying Chris with the cold water from my hot bath to his hot bath.
- Experiencing nature’s little moments with friends.
- Accomplishing something new.
- Seeing my kiddo’s succeed and grow in profound ways.
- Laying in the saun at Basecamp.
- The World Domination Summit.
- Daughter’s wedding.
- Learning Acro and my acro community.
- Friend’s support.
- My children
- Finding new friends after moving to a new state alone.
- Connecting, collaborating, and playing with an awesome group of humans weekly, then daily. Then getting to show the community what we’ve created.
- Dunking my head in cold (and all) rivers/lakes/oceans.
- Biking with my friends.
- Listening to drum-heavy music
- Finishing challenges that felt hard.
- When the dance connection really clicks.
OVER TO YOU
Share your thoughts on what happiness means to you and how you cultivate joy in your life. We love to hear your experiences in the comments!